2.12.2009

Sadness...

I got home today after a long workday, a quick trip into target & a stop to pick up dinner and lugged in my laptop, target bags & dinner in one fell swoop. I plopped everything down in the front hall, unpacked dinner for CityBoy and went to change out of my work clothes.

I was simultaneously pulling on jeans and taking off jewelry when I realized my College Ring wasn't on my finger!! My fingers have been getting smaller lately, but I didn't think my rings were that loose!! I'm hoping it didn't slip right off my finger and that its safely sitting on the conference table at my client, but I'm starting to think its gone forever!!!

I tend to play with my rings (CityBoy always yells at me), and sometimes my jewelry bothers me when I'm working, so I'll slip off my watch & bracelets and sometimes my rings!!! I know I had my bracelet off at the client, but I think I would have seen my ring laying there...

Tomorrow I'm duct taping the diamond to my finger!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh gosh! My fiance told me a funny story once about how his boss took his wife on a weekend getaway. Halfway through the 10 hour drive home, he realized he left his college ring and his wedding ring on the dresser in the hotel room. He called the hotel and started to describe a gold ring...and was describing his Texas A&M ring! His wife was glaring (but amused) at him while he frantically tried to get his Aggie ring back but didn't even mention his wedding band. :)

CaraB said...

I'm really, really sad for your ring. Especially since I was there when you picked it out. I know what you mean, though, about getting bigger. I've had mine slip off when getting stuff out of my car if it catches. You might try that.

SmallTownBride said...

I'm sad too, I'm really still hoping for it to turn up, but you know what kinda evening I had!! I probably lost it while I was on the phone with you...I went to Target, then to Tin Star, then carried in Target Bags, Dinner, and my Laptop into the house..........

I miss it :-(