2.23.2009

Make-Up Test Run

So, this weekend after the lovely Free Wedding Demos at Paper Source, I wandered around North Park Mall. I decided to wander into Sephora and ended up getting a make-up artist to test some makeup out for the wedding!!

(I have pictures on my camera at home, but I'm STILL at a client at 7:00 PM!! I'm taking a short break so I don't go cross-eyed looking at a Fixed Asset Rollforward!)

Anyway, I have had crazy dry skin lately, so she started with Philosophy's Hope in a Jar for Dry, Sensitive Skin (totally me!) and generously slathered it all over my face, I'm usually apply moisturizer sparingly.

Then, she used Make Up For Ever's HD Invisible Cover foundation and MUFE's HD Microfinish powder (I requested this makeup, I've heard great things!) to create a flawless finish!

She topped that off with NARS blush in the ever-so-famous Orgasm, eyeshadows from Benefit's Smoky Eye kit & Dior Show mascara!! (I think the eyes were wrong for me, but very alluring!)

So, I headed out of Sephora feeling much more presentable than I did when I walked in sans makeup. Surprisingly, I got complimented on my makeup in Anthropologie!! WOW!

I gave it the entire day for a test-run and I was very pleased with the results. CityBoy loved it and it looked natural and lasted all day!

I'm going to test a few more before I shell out the cash for fancy makeup, but I definitely liked MUFE's HD makeup.

What makeup are you wearing for your wedding??

3 comments:

Meg Pasz said...

I had my makeup done for my wedding and she used a great foundation that really made my skin glow. It's Shu Umera foundation and not pasty at all - I'm fair skinned, so it livened me up a bit. Also, Nars blush is the best. I am a convert now since the wedding. Must have false lashes, too. Good luck! Exciting times...

Hannah said...

I wish we had a sephora! I'm still trying to figure out my wedding makeup.. I have nooo idea!!

CaraB said...

Welcome to the eye crack club