2.04.2009

Dancin' the Night away!

I've been thinking for a long time about the song we will dance to as our first dance as husband and wife.

I remember dancing with my Dad as a little girl, standing on his boots in my stocking feet. Now that I have grown up, dancing comes naturally to me. CityBoy, however, is clueless! But its okay because sometime this summer we will be partaking in lovely dance lessons!!

Now...on to the songs!!

First, Jack Johnson - Better Together! I love this song, its so fun and it makes me warm & fuzzy when I hear it, but Bridesmaid SA and her hubby danced to this song and I'd feel like a thief!



Next, Jason Mraz/Colbie Caillat - Lucky. I hear this song on the radio and swoon, but it doesn't feel quite like us!!



Michael Buble - Everything...Can't go wrong with Buble, but CityBoy wasn't havin' it!!



This next one is the theme song to our relationship...and my blog!! But, its not really first dance material. But don't worry, Journey's Don't Stop Believin' will definitely be played and we will definitely dance!!!



Honeybrowne's Texas Angel was the finalist for quite awhile, but after listing to the lyrics over and over and over, I realized its kind of about breaking up...



Soooooooooo...

We're going with a song that we both like, that has a connection to us, and is shor & sweet....

Without further avail, our song!

Buddy Holly's Dearest!!



This song definitely fits the bill because its a little bit funky, Buddy Holly hails from the city where we fell in love, LUBBOCK, and 2 minutes leaves very little time for us to be the center of attention on the dance floor!!

What is your first dance song?

2 comments:

Hannah said...

omg-- that is the first time I've ever heard "Lucky" before, I LOVED it! It's so "Us" (as in me and Mr. Airforce! lol).

Our first dance, as of last week, is "At Last"-- but it's not settled haha.

Hannah said...

btw-- are you FROM Lubbock or live around that area? Cause I'm moving there!