1.12.2009

tooBUSYforlove SEASON?

CityBoy and I are embarking on the 3 1/2 month period all accountants dread...BUSY SEASON! At my firm, we're required to work a minimum of 50 hours a week, but word on the street is I'm really looking at 55-60 hour weeks...that's an extra 20 hours a week I won't be at home with CityBoy!! I'm definitely not looking forward to it!!

I survived a busy season on my internship, but that firm was SO different from my current firm. Then, I was out of town Monday-Thursday, staying in some small town, working about 50 hours and racking up some serious Rapid Rewards points! But then, I was single and my coworkers were more like friends and our nights out of town were more fun that I probably would have had going back to my own place at night.

I survived a busy season with CityBoy (who worked for the firm I interned with) out of town Monday-Thursday for weeks on end, but we talked every night and when he came back into town, he was all mine! Plus, I was in my last semester of college, so I was living it up!

Now, we're both facing off with 60 hour weeks and loads of work and increased stress and all that stuff that leads to workplace depression or whatever...so what does that mean for our relationship?

I'm making a Busy Season Resolution to make our time together quality. Instead of doing what we do now when we're both at home...CityBoy in the office playing Xbox or tinkering with his RC Truck or surfing the net and me in the living room watching DVR'd TV or *gasp* reading wedding blogs or surfing facebook...we're going to do things together.

So, if I'm not around much between now and April 15th, I'll be with my baby! Consider yourself warned!!!

No comments: