7.08.2009

Our "Groom's Cake"...

The Groom's Cake has been the source of much discussion lately. Our original plan was for our Groomsman, Bryce, to bring one from his family's bakery outside of Lubbock. Once plans for the Bachelor Party were set in place, it became almost impossible for Bryce to make it to the evening festivities and tote a cake down to the wedding, so we were back to square one.

Small Town Mama called her contacts, I called mine and we just couldn't decide.

I was about ready to give up on the whole idea when inspiration struck in the strangest way. I was strolling through my favorite grocery store, HEB's Central Market, coincidentally discussing Cakes on a conference call with STMama & my sister in Wisconsin when the words "Groom's Cake" catch my eye in the Ice Cream section!!!


I instantly knew this was a sign from God. Blue Bell Groom's Cake...its all too perfect!!

Luscious chocolate ice cream with chocolate cake pieces and chocolate coated strawberry hearts, surrounded by swirls of strawberry sauce and chocolate icing... *drool*

I snatched one up and took it home for a test with City Boy. We were sold!

I grew up a mere 30 minutes from the Little Creamery in Brenham, Texas and ever since my 1st Grade field trip to the creamery, I've been a diehard Blue Bell fan!

CityBoy jumped on the Blue Bell bandwagon just before we started dating. He was working on a client near Brenham and I suggested they stop by the creamery's scoop shop for some Ice Cream! Somehow, they managed a tour and I can still remember him coming to my cube the next week at work wearing his Blue Bell paper hat.

The next day, I got on the phone and dialed up Blue Bell's Sales Office. Unfortunately, since Groom's Cake is a new flavor, they aren't sure if it will still be in production in September or if it will come in the 3 Gallon tubs I became good, good friends with scooping ice cream at church picnics back in the day, but I'm confident everything will work out. If not, I know a few guys at the Creamery...

Are you doing a non-traditional Groom's Cake?

No comments: