12.30.2008

Reflections on 2008

With 2008 drawing to a close, I have been thinking alot lately about the happenings of my life in the last year... 2008 was a big year for me! College graduation, engagement, moving to a new city, cohabitating with CityBoy, starting my "Big Girl Job," being promoted super early in my career, and in general beginning my "Real Life."

This time last year, I was happily dating CityBoy and preparing for my final semester in college. If you had told me that 1 year later, I'd be living in Dallas with CityBoy, working for a great firm, wearing a big diamond on a certain finger, I'd have probably thought you were crazy! Yet, here I am!!

I am so grateful for the blessing I have been given in 2008.

I'm thankful for the education I received that allowed me to have my fantastic career and for my parents who supported me through several changes of my college major and all of the bumps I encountered in the road to my degree.

I'm thankful for CityBoy. Without him, I can honestly say I would not be the person I am today. My relationship with him gave me incentive to grow up--I'm no longer the irresponsible young woman I was when we met. He loves me unconditionally, even when I'm cranky and bitchy. I can't explain the way he looks at me, but it is one of the best things about him.

I'm thankful for my job. I felt at home instantly with my current firm. I interviewed and had office visits with them over a year ago, 6 months before my graduation. I didn't plan on interviewing with firms or accepting a job so early, but I "tag-teamed" the Fall Career Fair with S, one of my bridesmaids, who was graduating in December. I am so grateful I found a firm where I can truly be myself and enjoy working! I'm extra thankful for the recent promotion I received!!

I'm thankful for Dallas. The city can be trying, but we're enjoying it so far! CityBoy has had a few bad traffic days, but all in all, we love it here! After growing up in small town and going to college in a BIGGER small town (Lubbock, Texas...go there, you'll see), I'm loving the opportunities Dallas has and the myriad of restaurants, stores, and activities right in our backyard!!!

I'm thankful for my Family! My immediate family is incredibly close. I'd rather spend time with them than anyone else! CityBoy loves my family too, so that's an extra thing to be thankful for, since his family is hundreds of miles away! My mom and sister have proved to be excellent wedding planners and I'm grateful for their fantastic ideas!

I'm thankful for my friends. Now that I don't see most of them as often, I'm beginning to realize who my true friends are. The ones that are true are so precious to me and I can't imagine my life without them.

I can only hope for 2009 to be as great as 2008 has been.

No comments: